What would you do if…
After planning what will be the perfect winter weekend getaway in Jamaica, just before leaving, you realize that your passport has expired.
About The Guest
Katherine is a freelance writer covering travel, lifestyle, literature, & culture. Her work has appeared in Architectural Digest, Departures, Forbes, The Week, Business Insider, TripSavvy, The Daily Beast, World Travel Magazine, Tasting Table, Elite Daily, Popsugar, Brit + Co, Go Overseas, Quest Magazine, and the Recorder Newspapers, where she began her career as a reporter. She earned her master’s degree with honours in literature from the New School.
Resources, Tips & Tricks:
- Whether dealing with the Embassy or Insurance etc., always write down the full name and contact info of the person you spoke with as well as the date and time.
- If it’s your fault admit that you made a mistake instead of trying to blame everything and everyone
- Mark down the passports date of expiry in you calendar and set a reminder a few months away to allow time to get it renewed
- Check you passports expiry before starting to plan your trip
- Make a copies of your passport and keep them in your bags and on your person. Also keep your passport number accessible with in an email to yourself or on your phone
- Toronto Bloggers Collective (Toronto Based Facebook Group)
Website | Facebook Group
Blog Post & App Articles
- Standard Luggage
Blog Post | Buy Now
- SquadCast – Tool for recording remote podcast interviews