The Travel Horror Stories podcast is a humorous show that brings together travel bloggers, travel vloggers, travel writers and travel influencers as well as professionals in the travel and tourism space and everyday travellers.
With vivid and gripping storytelling guests recount their, scary, tense, weird, silly sometimes funny and sometimes unsettling stories from their travels.
Then we unpack the story to discover what they did right, what they did wrong and what they could have done differently. So you can avoid the same mistakes and travel safely and confidently
We always say hindsight is 20/20, right?
The goal is to turn travel nightmares into dreams of beaches sunshine and margaritas.
What would you do if…
After planning what will be the perfect winter weekend getaway in Jamaica, just before leaving, you realize that your passport has expired.
About The Guest
Katherine is a freelance writer covering travel, lifestyle, literature, & culture. Her work has appeared in Architectural Digest, Departures, Forbes, The Week, Business Insider, TripSavvy, The Daily Beast, World Travel Magazine, Tasting Table, Elite Daily, Popsugar, Brit + Co, Go Overseas, Quest Magazine, and the Recorder Newspapers, where she began her career as a reporter. She earned her master’s degree with honours in literature from the New School.
Website: Katherine Parker-Magyar
Resources, Tips & Tricks:
- Whether dealing with the Embassy or Insurance etc., always write down the full name and contact info of the person you spoke with as well as the date and time.
- If it’s your fault admit that you made a mistake instead of trying to blame everything and everyone
- Markdown the date of the passport of expiry in your calendar and set a reminder a few months away to allow time to get it renewed
- Check the expiry of your passport before starting to plan your trip
- Make a copy of your passport and keep them in your bags and on your person. Also, keep your passport number accessible within an email to yourself or on your phone