The Travel Horror Stories podcast is a humorous show that brings together travel bloggers, travel vloggers, travel writers and travel influencers as well as professionals in the travel and tourism space and everyday travellers.
With vivid and gripping storytelling guests recount their, scary, tense, weird, silly sometimes funny and sometimes unsettling stories from their travels.
Then we unpack the story to discover what they did right, what they did wrong and what they could have done differently. So you can avoid the same mistakes and travel safely and confidently
We always say hindsight is 20/20, right?
The goal is to turn travel nightmares into dreams of beaches sunshine and margaritas.
What would you do if…
While would you do if while helping out a “friend” that friend end up stealing your money and ID. Suddenly you find yourself rushing to replace a stolen passport days before a scheduled flight and house sitting job.
About The Guest
Nora has travelled full-time for 12 years and continues to travel half the year. She’s lived in and travelled through 60+ countries and counting. She is an expert on travel, personal finance (as a former CFP), and lifestyle design and has coined the term financially sustainable travel. It’s not about budget travel (though she’s done a bunch of that), nor is it about being environmentally sustainable (though she’s a big advocate of that too). It’s about making money successfully, spending money smartly, and managing it wisely – all in the arena of lifestyle travel. These three pillars form the foundation of her website.
Website:The Professional Hobo
Resources, Tips & Tricks
- Why it’s important to know where your Countries consulate or Embassy is in the country you are visiting.
- Why having a tattoo of your countries flag might just be enough to prove your citizenship.
- And why keeping copies of your passport and other identification can prove to be helpful.
Related Blog Post, Podcast Episodes & Books:
- Brace Yourself: Travel Isn’t All Roses and Lollipops – The Professional Hobo
- Toronto Bloggers Collective (Toronto Based Facebook Group) Website | Facebook Group
- GPSmyCity Blog Post & App Articles
- Standard Luggage Blog Post | Buy Now
- SquadCast – Tool for recording remote podcast interviews
- How to Get Free Accommodation Around the World – Nora Dunn