What would you do if…
While travelling abroad you suddenly find yourself fighting off one of the four strains of Dengue Fever.
About The Guest(s)
Nora has travelled full-time for 12 years and continues to travel half the year. She’s lived in and travelled through 60+ countries and counting. She is an expert on travel, personal finance (as a former CFP), and lifestyle design and has coined the term financially sustainable travel. It’s not about budget travel (though she’s done a bunch of that), nor is it about being environmentally sustainable (though she’s a big advocate of that too). It’s about making money successfully, spending money smartly, and managing it wisely – all in the arena of lifestyle travel. These three pillars form the foundation of her website.
The Professional Hobo
Resources. Tips & Tricks:
- There is no cure or vaccine for Dengue fever.
- Known as the Bone Breaking Disease because in the latter days of the fever you feel as though your bones are being broken.
- You will also break out into a full-body rash
- If you find yourself sick – before heading to the ER, try the pharmacy
- Read your policy – know what your policy is going to cover
- Before you make a claim call your insurance
- Keep records of everything. Make notes (dates you called the insurance, who you spoke with, what you spoke about etc. Keep records/copies of all your receipts.
- Before sending in your original receipts, make a copy of everything.
- Speak to someone higher when they are making mistake and refusing to adjust them
Related Blog Posts, Podcast Episodes & Books:
- Milking Goats: https://youtu.be/RnZ-1v2TNxQ
- Brace Yourself: Travel Isn’t All Roses and Lollipops – The Professional Hobo
- Victorian Bush Fires – The Professional Hobo
- How to Get Free Accommodation Around the World – Nora Dunn
- Toronto Bloggers Collective (Toronto Based Facebook Group)
Website | Facebook Group
Blog Post & App Articles
- Standard Luggage
Blog Post | Buy Now
- SquadCast – Tool for recording remote podcast interviews